Years of kindergarten program (Kindergarten Years Program) is based on the respect of the child in order to guide him/her toward the independence, self-sufficiency, and automatic discipline and to individuals aware of the rights of others and their feelings. The logical and natural results are the most common methods to provide children with the instructions and correct their behaviour based on the qualities of the child learner in the environment, namely: Inquirer, thinker, Persisted, a man of principle, interested, open-minded, good-looking, adventurous, pensive, sober.
Alwaha kindergarten aims to promote students through a scientifically strict academic program and encourages its students to achieve academic excellence based on the three pillars (faith, science, work) to participate in building a stable and secure world through understanding and respect for other cultures.
The educational philosophy adopted by the kindergarten is based on the world teaching style and aimed to develop critical thinking and research skills. This approach pushes learners to be more active, competitors, and constant learners throughout life, and respect for other people’s views.
The first kindergarten (KG1).
- Know numbers from 1-20, the writing and reading of the alphabet from Al’alf – Alssadd (الألف-الصاد).
- Teaching the Child the simple foundations of drawing and colouring.
- Memorization of short and Simple Suras of the Quran.
- Teaching the child right humanitarian concepts, as loving the country, the importance of the maintenance of its cleanliness and memorizing some songs in which develops his/her sense of the love of the homeland.
- Memorizing simple anthems, which are eight and almost are in classical Arabic and teaching the child some beautiful songs of childhood that develop a sense of higher artistic taste.
- The child would learn the essentials of conversation and would be able to speak simple and clear phrases.
- The child would learn how to read and write English letters from A to M.
- The child would know some information and simple concepts about birds and insects and differences between them.
- Satisfy his/her wishes of playing some useful games that develop his/her skills, such as Cubes and teach him/her installing some simple things out of those cubes.
Second kindergarten (KG2).
- Learn numbers from 1-30.
- Read and write the Arabic alphabet from Al’alf – Alya (الألف-الياء).
- Learn writing English letters from A to Z.
- Learn the essentials of conversation; speak simple and clear sentences on some concepts that suit his/her age.
- Perception of Senses and developing them, and be aware of their importance to their life and how to preserve them.
- Learn the principles of drawing, painting and drawing some simple shapes.
- Developing their sense of Patriotism and teaching them some songs in which develops their sense of the love of the homeland.
- Memorizing some pieces of poetry, selected from simple and smooth poetry, which would enrich the child interests.
- Teach the child some songs, which would praise their high-end concepts, as the love of mother and father.
- Teach the child to save some simple and short Quranic Suras.
- Make the child familiar with the fauna that surrounds him/her in the environment, their types and the differences between them.
- Satisfy their wishes to play some beneficial games and developing them to suit his/her age.
At this stage of Elementary education – Preparatory (Preparatory Years Program) modules are prepared with some specialization according to the materials and with horizontal coordination in harmony with the class head teachers and vertical coordination according to teaching material in Islamic education, Arabic language, and English language, and Science, and Mathematics, and technology, and humanities, art education, and physical education. The curriculum of this stage privileged with the overall perspective of education, cultural and social interaction, and community service, and the environment, and knowledge of learning lines, and the development of thinking and preparation of research and project studies skills.
The method of direct questions is a critical task for us, and it is educational and knowledge base, which our classes aim to adopt and achieve as a policy and a strategy for learning and achievement. Primary Years Program (PYP) directs our work “through a philosophical perspective on the quality of education”, and the framework of the core curriculum is based on educational process elements – knowledge, concepts, skills, attitudes and work.”
Together, teachers and students have to share in the generation process of questions, which intended to guide their inquiries in the context of a variety of important topics of study. As it works to develop their abilities as Enquirers, students acquire the basic knowledge and skills and are encouraged to engage in reliable work. In addition, their work and efforts would be supported through the school environment, which promotes positive attitudes and the development of children’s ability and their competitive spirit.
Through their work in the Primary Years Program (PYP), students will be able to:
- Develop ways to understand the important concepts and ideas;
- Conduct research, which is important to their social surroundings.
- The acquisition of a set of basic skills.
- Develop positive attitudes and patterns about the learning, the environment and other people.
- The opportunity to participate in the official work.